Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Found my Camera Cord!

So, it's been a really long time since I've been able to post!  It has been a crazy whirl wind of a month!  

OK, so as I stated before, we SOLD our house!  The appraisal came through yesterday $2500 dollars short of the offer, so we were a little bummed, but still just grateful and thankful that we sold our home so quickly!  This is one of the BIGGEST areas God has provided this last couple of months!  Our Closing Date should be on or before January 26th, so SOON!

We spent Christmas in GF finishing up Packing and just spending our last week together in our Home.  It was really nice to just be together.  (I'll post pics of Christmas in the next post).  Nate's family came up Tuesday the 27th and helped us move.  We moved EVERYTHING into the HUGE 26 foot moving truck on that Tuesday.  It was such a massive truck, but we actually packed it full.  The next morning we took off for Minot.  Now, it has been BEAUTIFUL weather in ND so far this winter, like 40s and 50s.  Well the day we moved to minot, an ice storm decided to descend upon us.  Thankfully it didn't hit till 20 miles out of Minot.  We all worked together to get everything out of the truck and into our apartment/garage.  That night we attempted to take the truck back to it's drop off location, but as we were driving a crazy dense fog set in.  We couldn't see 2 inches in front of us.  Now if you have ever driven a 26 foot truck you know how scary it can be, and that's in good weather.  We got out to the highway where we were supposed to drop it off at and couldn't see a thing.  We almost hit a stopped car in the road!  Thankfully Nate saw it in time and we were able to stop.  Steve ended up helping an old Lady out of the ditch who couldn't see to find her way out.  It was so scary.  We ended up using the GPS on my phone to find out where we were and just headed back home.  

I hitched a ride back to GF with Steve and Vicki on Friday the 30th and finished my last Weekend at Altru in GF.  It was a great weekend to finish my employment on.  It was a party all weekend long!  I miss all those girls so much.  They have truly been my family the last (almost) 4 years.  Monday morning I said my goodbyes, and took off to Minot on no sleep!  I ended up stopping in Lakota and sleeping in my car for 30 minutes because I was afraid I would fall asleep driving.

I started my first day at Trinity yesterday.  There have been a few obstacles (mainly with HR) but so far most everything has gone well.  Everyone has been really friendly and I think this will be a great new "home" for me.  The L&D Unit is definitely different as they don't have central monitoring, they have a communal shower.  Also, their nursery, OB and L&D are all separate units with separate charge nurses.  They have a SMALL c/s room on their floor for emergent cases, otherwise they all go downstairs to their main OR.  These are the biggest differences I have observed so far.  I'm sure that it will take some getting used to :)  I have 3 weeks of orientation (after my 2 WEEKS of hospital orientation) learning OB/GYN.  I'm not sure when I'll get to do labor again, but hopefully soon!  

Well, that's enough of an update for now.  I'll leave you with pictures of James in our old "apartment" (in the church basement)

Playing with the fan in his "ROOM"

Cords are fun

Cutie

Just helping you do laundry, mom

Loving the pot belly, James :)

Always into something

James in his "ROOM"

Playing in his "ROOM"

No comments:

Post a Comment