Monday, August 12, 2013

7 Months










Samuel Steven.  I can't believe you are already seven months old!  (OK so it was a few weeks ago you turned seven months, and I'm a little late in posting this, but alas such is the life of the second born)

You are doing so many new and exciting things
  • You eat.  A lot!  You love food and can't get it into your mouth fast enough. Tonight I was literally shoveling the food into your mouth with the bowl underneath your chin to catch the fall out, and when I would move the bowl/spoon away you screamed. You will eat just about anything we feed you.  Nate has even made some homemade baby foods for you
  • You still nurse when I'm home and do bottles of pumped milk when I'm working (still no formula yet, yeah!) however, my milk stash is dwindling (see previous bulletpoint)  
  • You are on the move.  You're not quite crawling yet, but you are an expert roller.  You love to roll yourself under stuff including the couch, end tables, beds...etc. I'm thinking you'll be crawling soon though.  I can really see the determination in your eyes to keep up with your brother. 
  • We are trying to be diligent about having you wear you hearing aids during all waking hours.  It's getting harder as you like to pull them out and use them as a chew toy.  Nicole and Kristy come weekly to check on your developmental progress (so far everything in on track) 
  • You have begun to babble, a lot.  You mainly just say da da da da da.  You look at me and start to babble and then wait for me to respond, like we are having a conversation, and I should know what you are saying
  • You love to watch baby Einsteins, specifically baby Beethoven (could be because it's the only one your brother hasn't scratched by "helping" clean the dvd) We put you in your jumper in front of the tv and you go to town laughing and smiling through the whole movie.  It's a great 20 minutes mom can have to do laundry / study / made supper / attend to your brother.  
  • You are pretty good sleeper.  You sleep through the night 75% of the time.  If you don't it's usually due to growth spurts / teething / feeling sick.  You take 2 naps that are usually 1-2 hours long (depending on how loud your brother is at the time) You are a surprisingly light sleeper and will wake at any disturbance (lights turning on, door shutting...etc) but you don't wake up to our alarm clocks in the morning (could be you can't hear that pitch?) You can sometimes put yourself back to sleep if you wake up. 
  • We still swaddle you up for bedtime and nap time.  You don't usually take a paci for me unless you are upset.  This is much different than your brother who HAD to have a paci to fall asleep.  
  • You love your brother
  • Your eyes are getting darker, but no definite color yet.  Your hair is surprisingly light (dark blond color which reddish hues)  I'm not sure what color it will end up being, but I'm pretty sure it will be stick straight like your dads.  It kind of just grows straight up and out of your head.  
  • You wear some 9 month and some 12 month size clothes.  You wear size 3 diapers (but I'm desperately trying to use up some size 2s that I have so I've been putting you into those during the day) I haven't weighed you or measured you in a while, but I'm sure you've grown since that last time we did
  •  You are sweet and loving and super ticklish. I just love to hear you laugh and giggle.  You seem to enjoy playing more now.  We can even set you on the floor with toys and you will play with them for 10 minutes!  
  • I love you Samuel Steven.  You just need to stay my baby forever.  


No comments:

Post a Comment