Thursday, June 17, 2010

Six pounds up and Six weeks left.

34 weeks! YIKES! this means only 6 weeks left until D-Day! I had my appointment yesterday and was a little shocked to see myself up 6 pounds in the last 2 weeks! apparently the little monster is starting to pack on the pounds. (this is what I am choosing to blame it on, because I'm sure it has nothing to do with the ice cream, brownies, and chocolate bars) Everything continues to look good with baby. He is still growing right on schedule and moving like crazy. My legs and feet are still incredibly swollen, but again it hasn't been too terrible.

I had my birthday this last weekend and spent it doing all sorts of fun things. I got up in the morning and did some garage sale-ing. I got a $300 breast pump for $50. I figured I can just buy new parts and just sanitize the heck out of the rest. All in all it was a really good deal. I also decided to take in the all city garage sale. This event always makes me laugh as people think they can sell their junk at insanely high prices. For example people were selling bottles of shmpoo and conditioner for $3 and $4 a piece. I only ended up buying a little outfit the the baby, but it was still entertaining.

After the sale, I decided to treat myself to a pedicure. Below you will see a picture of my superbly pedicured nails. I had a male do the pedicure again. For some reason there can be 30 girls and 1 guy in a salon and I will 99% of the time end up getting the guy. Anyway he did some weird voodoo stuff to my feet and cracked all the little bones because he said it would help with my back pain. It was quite interesting. While I was waiting for my nails to dry Nate surprised me by coming home early from work to take me out to lunch :) We then took in some more garage sales and purchased a new air hockey table. I must say, it's pretty sweet.



In the Afternoon we decided to go home and finish painting the nursery. I think that it turned out pretty well. The blue is a little intense, but overall I like it. I have a few more projects to finish and things to put up, but it is pretty finished for the most part.


In the evening we went out for dinner to the blue moose. It is one of my favorite restaurants, and your meal is free on your birthday. After, I made nate take me to see Sex and the City 2. We were both less than impressed and sadly, the best part of the two and a half hour movie were the previews. On the way home I was getting in the car contemplating what a great birthday I had had and all of a sudden I felt a rip. Sure enough my pregnancy pants ripped right up the middle. I guess my clothes are starting to feel that 16lb weight gain I have had.
Hopefully it won't be too much longer now. Every day that goes by I marvel at how incredibly blessed Nate and I are. I try to not take a single thing for granted and enjoy each day that we are given with this wonderful gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment