Friday, October 8, 2010

11 week Chunky Monkey



WOW! I can't believe James is 11 weeks old already! As you can tell from the picture he is really starting to chunk up. I haven't weighed him lately, but I'm sure he is over 12 pounds. I had to put all of his newborn clothes away this last week, as they were just ridiculously too small for him. I washed up all of his 3-6 month stuff and realized that he probably wont fit in them for very long. It is just crazy how fast they grow!

I officially finished my first full week back at work. It went pretty well. The weekend was really slow, so that was a nice transition back to work. Last night however, was quite eventful. I had my first delivery, which went pretty smoothly (I did almost miss it though, because I was pumping when it was time for delivery). Then, at 6am a patient came in and delivered a 9lb 11oz baby on a pillow on the floor. She refused to get in to the bed so one of my co-workers delivered the baby with the patient crouched over the bed. It was quite an experience!

James has been doing pretty well at daycare. He seems to take the bottle ok, which is good. I think he is still trying to figure out how to take his naps when his mom isn't there to cuddle him to sleep though. I should give credit to Nate, who also survived my first week back to work. He did great getting up with Jamey during the night, getting him ready for daycare in the morning, and then picking him up from daycare after school.

Well it's time to make dinner and put James down for the night. Hopefully week two of work will go just as smoothly!

No comments:

Post a Comment