Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Rainy Days and Wednesdays



James is sleeping, so I figured it was a good time to update the ol' blog. Not much is new here at the Norby house. I started working Day shifts last week and really enjoyed working during "normal" working hours. I had to work a night shift on Monday night, however, and it was hard to go back to my old routine. Hopefully it won't be too hard to transition between the two. It was nice being home every night last week to put Jamey to bed.

I was so proud of Jamey this week. I laid him in his crib to take a nap, and came back 5 minutes later and he was SLEEPING! I couldn't believe he went to sleep all by himself. No rocking, no wrapping, no feeling. I just gave him his blanket and Dino and he was out! Granted, he only slept for an hour instead of his usual 3 hour nap, but still, I was impressed.

Last week we went for a walk to the park and James got to go for his first swing ride! He had so much fun. It was a little chilly out still, so we didn't get to stay for very long. I am so ready for spring to get here! I am a little nervous for the flooding, as it is predicted that it could flood to over 50 feet which would be the 2nd or 3rd highest in history! Hopefully out little house will be ok.


This is a picture of, yes, the back of Jamey's head. I wanted you all to see his wonderful colic. Hopefully once his hair comes it, it won't be as bad :)

Jamey has really been moving this week. He has figured out how to get from laying down to sitting, and how to get up on his hands and knees. He just hasn't quite gotten the crawling thing yet. For now he just continues to scoot and roll

This is the best picture I could get of his teeth. There are four in on the top, and two in on the bottom. I think he is working on two more on the bottom now. I got a little bit of his baby oragel on my tongue last night, and wow that is some strange stuff. Just the little bit I got in my mouth made my lips and tongue completely numb! No wonder he likes it so well. He has been eating wonderfully for us these last few weeks. He pretty much eats everything we give him. He had a chocolate chip pancake and strawberry yogurt for breakfast this morning, and was still wanting more after it was gone.

James love to play with our water bottles. Well, he really loves to play with just about everything. Any type of string, rope, or cord is his favorite. It's hard to get him to eat some days, because he is so distracted playing with the cords on his high chair.

I enjoy this picture that Nate took of James, because he looks soo fat! He is a whopping 21 pounds and is really filling out! He is wearing pretty much all 12 month clothes now. I can't wait for it to warm up so I can get to some garage sales. I had to pull out some new clothes the other day, and they were stuff that we had got when Jamey was born that I thought it would be forever until he fit into them, but now he fills them out quite well! My how times goes by so fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment