Friday, March 26, 2010

All moved in.

So it has been a week since closing on our house and man has it been a busy week! Saturday we moved it and it was a crazy day. We definitely could not have done it without our friends. We are truly blessed.

I love our new house. It is so amazing having our own place. I have been a laundry fiend. I have done probably 10 loads of laundry since moving in. It is so nice doing laundry when I feel like it and not having to deal with quarters and washers/dryers that don't work.

Nate finished up painting our bedroom this week. I love it. We painted it a neutral brown/greenish color it wasn't supposed to be green, but it dried that way. I still really like it. We bought some black-out curtains to accommodate my need to sleep during the day, and they are amazing.

I am loving our new furniture. We have a huge bay window in our living room and I love sitting in our new couch and basking in the sunshine during the afternoon. Our new table was definitely a great purchase as well. We weren't sure if it would fit, but I think that it works just right. It is so nice to have a place to sit and eat rather than sitting on a couch in front of a television.

The next projects are the bathroom and the baby's room. We bought the bedding for the nursery, so when that comes we will do some color matching and do some painting.

I have a baby appointment next week. He still has been moving and kicking like crazy. I have definitely noticed that he seems to like soda and chocolate. He starts moving like crazy. I have been trying to take it easy with the moving because I really don't want to risk putting myself into any pre-term labor, but it is really hard when all I want to do is clean and organize. It has started to hit me a little more lately that eventually I am going to have to actually have to give birth to this little man. Even as a labor and delivery nurse this scares me. It just goes to show it doesn't matter how much you know. Giving birth is still terrifying.

No comments:

Post a Comment