Monday, March 15, 2010

Boxes, Pizza Rolls, and sunshine

So almost to moving day! Saturday is the big day that we move in to the new house. Currently our apartment is in complete disarray. We have boxes on top of boxes on top of what was once furniture. Today we went to go and do the final walk through of the house. It's hard to believe that in a few short days it is going to be ours! YIKES! We realized today that there may be a little more work that we need to do in the house than we originally anticipated, but i suppose that is to be expected sometimes. I am just getting excited to move in and have it be ours. I am especially excited about having our own washer and dryer. I am so tired of using quarters in machines that work 25% of the time. I have been stock piling my laundry so that this weekend I can do it all at the new house. Needless to say I am running short on a few essential elements of one's wardrobe.

So I have discovered that the baby really seems to like pizza rolls :) Every time I eat them he seems to start doing a happy dance in my belly. I tried to have Nate feel this afternoon, but I think he was just placating me when he said he could feel the circus going on inside my belly. Baby continues to be quite active though, especially when I come home from a long, busy night at work.

The sun has somewhat started to make it's appearance. The snow is starting to melt at least. I am happy about this as moving with 10 foot drifts in one's yard is not exactly ideal :) I am also happy for the first year ever for daylight savings. I am so excited to see the sun more often! I come home in the mornings at 8:00am and I sleep until usually 4:00 in the afternoon, which was leaving me only a little over an hour of sunlight (most of the time I didn't get to enjoy it) At least now I have a little more of an opportunity to let the sun shine down on my pasty white legs. This is the first winter if probably 6 years that I haven't done at least some light tanning to keep the scary albino skin at bay. Needless to say, If I stand too close to a wall, I tend to blend in a little too well. Hopefully that will change some this summer. I am hoping to spend oodles of time outside during my maternity leave.

Well I should finish my pizza rolls and tend to the mountains of stuff that still needs to be packed.

No comments:

Post a Comment