Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow there'll be sun...

39 weeks today! Woot Woot!

Well tomorrow is the big day. INDUCTION DAY! I had my appointment this morning with the midwife at the clinic since Dr. Lays was out of town. my blood pressure was good at 125/85 but I did still have 2+ protein in my urine. I Still have a slight headache and am nauseated, but since taking it easy, I have ankles and knees again and have kept the 5lbs of fluid that I lost off. Here is a pictures of my legs before I went on bedrest....scary I know

I debated back and forth if I wanted to go ahead with the induction tomorrow morning, but after weighing all of the pro's and con's I decided that I wanted to go ahead with it. The only risks that I take with doing the induction tomorrow are 1) it doesn't work and I have to go home or 2) I stall out and end up with a cesarean section. Two things that I decided I can live with. I was 2cm today in the clinic and she said my cervix feels anterior and soft. However baby is still ballotable (which means his head hasn't engaged into my pelvis yet) so that does make me a little nervous.

So our nursery is completed, my bag is semi packed, my nails are painted, and the house is clean. Pretty much everything is ready for this little man's arrival. I am getting nervous, but trying not to think about it too much. It's strange thinking about tomorrow. Because I know so much of what goes on during labor, my mind is swimming with so many different scenarios of how tomorrow is going to go. I pray that I can just let my mind relax and enjoy the whole experience. Oh, and hopefully Nate won't freak out too much :)

So, until tomorrow. Plan for the day: Rest and enjoy my last day being pregnant (hopefully)

No comments:

Post a Comment