Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Bowling Ball between my legs??

So this last weekend the pressure has been on... literally. I have never felt so much pressure in my hips in my life. I feel like there is a 15lb bowling bowl nestled up in my pelvis. Lets just say it's a wonderful feeling.

So we are approaching the 37 week mark this week. WooHoo! I can not wait to meet this little guy and be done being pregnant. Well, actually it is kind of bitter sweet. I have really enjoyed being pregnant. It is such an amazing experience. Feeling another being moving and squirming inside of you. However, it is also an uncomfortable and unpleasant feeling at times as well :) I have an appointment tomorrow afternoon, so here's hoping I have progressed a little more.

Feet=still swollen....nothing new there.

Today I went to target because I decided that I should probably begin packing some sort of bag for when we eventually head to the hospital. I, however, did not want to pack all of my toiletries since I will be needing them between now and whenever D-Day is. So, I decided to purchase a few things that I figured I would need in the travel sized containers. Let me just say that they carry just about everything in travel size now. I also purchased some comfy pajama/lounge pants and a cheep pair of slippers for the hospital stay.

We got the guest room pretty much completed this weekend. Nate and his dad did a really good job putting in the floors. They look great! Much better than the nasty, bug infested blue carpet that previously occupied the space. The wall color turned out pretty good as well. When we were painting it I was a little nervous as it looked a little big seafoam green, but after it dried and we got the blue carpet out it looked like the grey/blue color I intended it to be. I just need to paint the baseboards so Nate can put them up and it should be good to go. Oh, and we need to hang a light in the room as the wobbly, black light fan didn't really seem to go in the room anymore.

Amy and Andrew came up to visit this weekend which was really nice of them. It was wonderful to see some familiar faces, have some good food, and catch up with them. They got us some adorable baby gifts that included an NDSU hat/socks, THUNDAR stuffed bison, and an adorable NDSU piggy bank. I will have to take some pics and post them. This little man is going to be quite stylin :)

11 Shifts left at work until I start my maternity leave! Wow, has time really flown by. Well I think I am going to go relax, take a bath and read my book. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment